Sunday, May 27, 2012

My body tells me...

I'm knocked out by my menstrual cycle this time. Fortunately, it's weekend, so it doesn't really matter if my body aches and I get cranky. I've been sleeping, waking up, sleeping again, waking up and not feeling hungry. My morning routine includes coffee and Internet surfing; but since I found out that I ran out of gas for my stove, I skipped the coffee this morning. I needed to go out to buy gas, and I had been craving for something sweet. But 90% of what I read on the Internet told me to avoid sweet stuff for reasons such as gaining weight and upset stomach. Only two articles suggested to follow my craving because it was the way my body told me of what it needed to keep my system back in balance. I did not follow the majority.
I walked to the nearest convenience store to get what I needed: oatmeal cookies, white chocolate sandwich biscuits, 1 slice of brownies, and 1 chocolate chip muffin. They didn't have stove gas (boooo, Circle K!), so I also got myself two cold Nescafe's. On my way back, I saw a couple of warungs displaying selections of dishes on their windows, but they didn't appeal to me at all.

A Blackberry message came from my neighbor Sherly: drop by at my place, I got some wedding cake from last night (Sherly works as a WO). I think my body just made successful communication with the universe!

No comments: